Thursday, August 23, 2012

I kind of suck at blogging...

but, I am really going to make an effort to do better.  I have completed a lot of really cool projects over the summer and I am planning to share about those.  I also need to do better about keeping up with my Abby Grace, or Abby Kadabby as she now refers to herself. 

This kid blows my mind.  She is so smart!  At her 15 month check-up the doctor was most impressed that she feeds herself with a fork or spoon.  Since she has been walking for a good long while now we are into things like: learning to jump, "poo" pool time, swinging is a daily must, jumping on beds, and lots of other fun activities.  She also has more words than any child her age should.  She refers to everyone in our family by their name, except for the aunts and uncles, we haven't gotten those yet, but she did call her Aunt Caitlin "Cait" this morning so that's progress.  She does however know: mama, daddy, matt (oops on my part!), nana, papa, and nissie.  Other words we use on a regular basis are:
- teetee (potty training!)
- poo, shoooo! (said while shaking her head at the terrible smell)
- woof woof (dog)
- mow mow (cat)
- oooooo (cow)
- eat eat
- nack (snack)
- wawa
- dink (drink)
- me me (milk)
- baby
- car
- go
- Melmo (elmo)
- Mimmey (refers to Mickey or Minnie Mouse)
- oes (shoes)
- nana (her favorite blanket...it's odd to me that this is what she calls it ??)
- nigh nigh (night night)
- ook (books)

There are lots more, but it is late and I am tired.  I made a video of her saying most all of these last weekend.  She also identifies all of her body parts in it.  Sooo stinking cute, but Matt is a little offended that when she pokes him in the chest she says "boobies". 

My absolute favorite thing she does right now is call herself Abbykadabby, as in the little pink and purple girl off of sesame street.  The best part is that she is in no way confused about who she is referring to as she points to herself while she says it.  (This mostly occurs in a situation as follows, "nack?  A-A-Abbykadabby?"  Hilarious!

What is the rest of our family up to you ask?  Well, Daddy works 3-5 days a week (40-72hrs) depending on the week, so Mommy and Abby Grace spend a lot of time together when they can.  Mommy works all week doing lots of interesting things at the office and is taking three classes this semester: cost accounting, auditing and entrepreneurship.  I really am going to enjoy auditing.  I love getting down to the nitty gritty of things!

Well that's all for tonight. I promise to do better, I have a little better grip on life now than I did last year so hopefully I can stick to it this time.  I have also decided that I am going to start sharing my projects and other things that interest me on here outside of Abby Grace. She is my little love, but I can only write so much about how cute she is before everyone gets bored.  ♥ Cassie

These are her 1 year pics, but since I haven't blogged in 7 months...



1 comment:

  1. Love the update! I miss you, friend. Glad to hear all is well. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete